Welcome to Stratus-sphere Roleplay formerly anime-evolution! Join this fun site, you won't regret it! Stick around make friends! ~ The faculty

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Stratus-sphere Roleplay formerly anime-evolution! Join this fun site, you won't regret it! Stick around make friends! ~ The faculty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Song lyric guessing game
AMC's The Terror EmptyFri Sep 13, 2019 11:11 pm by Madara Uchiha

» Naruto Character ABC
AMC's The Terror EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 5:11 pm by Madara Uchiha

» The Last of Us Discussion
AMC's The Terror EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 11:29 pm by Madara Uchiha

» Back!
AMC's The Terror EmptySat Aug 17, 2019 1:33 pm by Madara Uchiha

» Be on and off fr a couple weeks
AMC's The Terror EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 9:48 pm by Madara Uchiha

» Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
AMC's The Terror EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 7:18 pm by Madara Uchiha

» Seven Minutes in Heaven with the person above
AMC's The Terror EmptyMon Aug 05, 2019 8:00 pm by Madara Uchiha

» ABC game
AMC's The Terror EmptyMon Aug 05, 2019 7:59 pm by Madara Uchiha

» Marry, Hook up, Kill
AMC's The Terror EmptyMon Jul 29, 2019 7:07 pm by Madara Uchiha

Top posting users this month
No user

AMC's The Terror

Go down

AMC's The Terror Empty AMC's The Terror

Post by Madara Uchiha Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:31 am

With the second season of AMC's the Terror getting ready to air soon let us first talk about the first season of this gem that caught the eyes of some.

The Terror's first season is based off of the book written by Dan Simmons of the same name.

A brief run down.

It is a fictionalized version of the 1845 arctic exploration expedition to find the Northwest Passage, led by Sir John Franklin. This event would later be famously known as "Franklin's Lost Expedtiion." and it still remains one of the most famous arctic tragedies of all time. Two ships, the H.M.S Erebus and the H.M.S Terror, were sent with 129 men on board in total. They were never seen nor heard from again, seemingly vanished without so much as a trace. Frozen in by the frigid arctic temperatures the men were stranded and by the time relief expeditions to help the men were sent it was too late, they were gone.

Simmon's tale is one of thrills, emotion, and one gripped with a tad of horror.

What I find so interesting about this, and why I have become so madly obsessed with this segment in history is thanks to Simmon's above and beyond use of characters, most of them real people, who he uses like cards in his hands. I might also add that what really happened to these men was absolutely just as horrifying as this book, that if you haven't already, suggest you read.

While the series of course had some diversities from the book, and a blooming cast roster including a cameo from George Takei, it was executed very, very well having at least one part in each episode that could make a person cringe or need to take a shot.

From scurvy, starvation, men frozen to death, cannibalism, and men being mauled by the arctic monster Tuunbaq who stalks them from within the snow and ice, are some of these such terrors the men faced in this tale.

I don't know yet what exactly season 2 will have to offer but I do know that it will have nothing to do with season 1's theme as it was based off of a book.

This series is nothing but pure gold and I do recommend it at least the first season.
Madara Uchiha
Madara Uchiha
Cool Mo'fo
Cool Mo'fo

Rep : 11

http://www.fanfiction.net/~itachiiskickass

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum