Welcome to Anime-Evolution! Join this fun site, you won't regret it!
-
The A-E community
Latest topics
» ABC game
Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:42 am by Madara Uchiha

» What time is it?
Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:40 am by Madara Uchiha

» Name A Forum Member
Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:39 am by Madara Uchiha

» Rate the Avatar/Sig of the above member

» When was the last time

» Pokemon ABC
Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:38 am by Madara Uchiha

» Count Down from 1,000!
Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:38 am by Madara Uchiha

» Name the first thing that comes to mind
Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:37 am by Madara Uchiha

» Music:What Song you listening too?
Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:37 am by Madara Uchiha

Top posting users this month

Midnight Gospel

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Midnight Gospel

Post by MoonSoul on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:12 am

Introduction: A history of the apocalypse
The year was 2035 when world war III started. North Korea had invaded South Korea and the United Nations assisted the south. North Korea had developed it's nuclear weaponry by then and used them on the entire world, especially the United States.

After, two decades of war, it didn't matter who had won, the world had been killed by the radiation. North America was 100% uninhabitable, and even now still is. Those who went into the bunkers made during the cold war died either of starvation or they left the bunker and died from the radiation. Only a few escaped to Europe and many of them were also killed by the war. The safest place during the war was Africa, those who went there usually survived.

For 50 years anarchy reigned. Many people resorted to cannibalism in order to survive. Other were able to find a source of food other than other humans but hoarded it to themselves. Only the smartest and strongest survived and they were always the cruelest. This half a century period was named, The Blight.

But one day, for some unknown reason, the radiation dimmed away, most people believe it was God’s will, and with how bad things were, only a miracle could have pulled it off as quickly as it happened, so they're probably right. New countries rose. Science had developed a new weapon called the warrior unit, a scientific suit of armor that was used for battle. This suit connected to a person’s inner self, their soul, and drew out its wielders utmost potential. They were classified into 9 classes based on the method of combat it used. The classes were Pawn, Knight (or Samurai in some nations), Berserker, Defender, Esper, Archer, Shinobi, Reaver, and Beast

With the production of this weapon, countries became empires and now only a few remain. The Chinese Federation, the African Continental Republic, the Vatican Empire, and Izanami are all that's left. The war that led up to this was named to war of empires, the fourth world war.

It's been five generations since that war and the ties between the nations have been prosperous and peaceful, science once again prospered, but this time is was used for the welfare of man alone, except for the warrior suit, military weapons were never made. Religion also prospered, coexisting with science and almost merging with it entirely. Most animals, like humans, found a way to survive. How? No one really knows, or cares for that matter, everyone’s just happy there's food available. However, tensions are beginning to rise, and not even God will know what will happen next.
MoonSoul
Otaku in Training
Otaku in Training

Rep : 3
Location : I don't care who you are or what your doing so stop telling me on twitter!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Midnight Gospel

Post by MoonSoul on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:13 am

Chapter 1: forgiveness

It seemed like a typical day in Vatican City, capital of the Vatican Empire. The sun was shining and people were walking through the streets to get whatever they needed or wanted. But not everything is as it seems and everyone knew why today was important. The heir to the throne, the next empress of the Empire was to arrive in the city today. It was common knowledge that the late empresses daughter had been staying in a different city for safety reasons, although nobody knew which city. It was a bit of tradition from the days of the war of empires.

Only one boy didn't care. He was small for his age, only around 5'6 maybe 5'7. He had pitched black hair that matched his black, sleeveless shirt. His white pants were torn up rather badly, and they were so dirty they were gray. At least the pockets weren't torn so he didn't care to much about the look, they worked and that was enough for him.

Everyone in town recognized him by his eyes though, those deep blue eyes that glowed like the moon. When he looked at you with those eyes it was as if he was looking right through your clothes, right through your skin, and staring straight into your soul.

"Damn it!" the boy shouted while running down the street, "At this rate I'm not going to be home in time to make dinner!"

The boy decided to take the most direct route home on instinct, as he cut through the alley ways as a shortcut. The problem was that he ran straight into the path that the empress's party was taking into the city to get to the palace and when he got to the crowd that lined the sides of the street to let the party pass, he shoved right through them and without paying attention, ran face first into the carriage, fell back and landed on his rear.

As the boy rubbed his forehead in pain the Pawn class warrior units that were surrounding the carriage had surrounded him and point their spears and swords at the boy. A knight class warrior unit came into the picture, his silver armor glistening in the sun, soon after and drew his sword and pointed it was the boy. The boy looked up and just glared at him with his eyes.

"You have disrupted the passage of Empress Iris Silverheart! What have you to say in your defense," the knight declared to the boy.

The boy maintained his glare while he spoke. "I'm in a hurry," he began, "now if you don't mind, get your sword out of my face."

This crude remark only irritated the knight who proceeded to raise his sword, ready to strike down the boy. The boy however kept his glare as if he didn't fear the knight, as if to say, 'come on. I dare you.'

Suddenly a female voice intervened, "Gawain, what's going on?" it said as the door to the carriage opened. The knight stopped and turned his head, so did all the Pawn class units as a young girl, much younger than what the boy expected.

"Your Excellency!" the knight got on one knee and bowed his head to the girl, as did the pawns. "This wretch has insulted you and shows no regret for his actions and deserves to be punished."

The girl’s gaze turned from Gawain to the boy. When the boy looked at her, she had all the qualities, except for age, that he expected of the empress, the red and white robes, the soldiers protecting her, and most importantly, she was an albino, a character trait that has been passed down from empress to empress.

The girl smiled politely at the boy. "Hi there. I'm Iris. What's your name?" she said.

The boys glare became less menacing as he got up off his rear and picked up the bag of groceries he had bought. "Ean. Ean Vanguard," he responded.

Iris smiled, "that's a nice name. It means, 'forgiven by God'. So if God's willing to forgive you, than so am I."

The mention of God irritated Ean and the menace that left his eyes came back instantly. "I don't care for God's forgiveness, and I certainly to don't care for yours! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go," He said and he ran off.

"Hey! Get back here!" Gawain demanded as he got up, about to chase after the boy for disrespecting the empress.

"Gawain," Iris spoke and Gawain halted in his tracks and turned his head to face his empress. Her face had an irritated expression. "I want to go home now if you don't mind."

"Yes my lady," Gawain responded as he gave the order for all the Pawns to line back up into formation and the party continued forward toward the palace.
MoonSoul
Otaku in Training
Otaku in Training

Location : I don't care who you are or what your doing so stop telling me on twitter!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2: Gregor’s Goods
Ean ran quite a distance before stopping at a small shop called "Gregor's Goods". Gregor's Goods was a small family run business. It was next to the central aqueduct that channeled water from the Mediterranean to the entire city, creating an artificial river of sorts. The central Aqueduct branched off into smaller aqueducts and ended right where Gregors Goods was. It was two stories, well three if you count the basement. The bottom floor was where the business was run and the shop was held and the upper area was the living quarters for the Gregors. Ean lived in the basement.

An elderly man came out of the shop and looked at Ean for a moment. "I see you're back from your grocery shopping. There's some goods that need to come in. There Already around back so just bring them in before you go to sleep."

"I already knew that Mr. Gregor. I saw the shipment come in this morning before I left", Ean retorted in a slightly defiant, perhaps humorous, manner. "It'll be inside by the time you wake up."

"It better be. The empress is going to be crowned tomorrow and I’d like to close up early tomorrow to witness the occasion." Mr. Gregor spat back in response to Ean's remark. "Don't forget that I can kick you and your sister out if you don't do your work."

Ean glared at the old man, trying to hold back the urge to beat the old man senseless. Mr. Gregor looked back at him for a moment but turned away and went inside

Ean walked around back and got to a flight of stairs and leaned on the wall for a second and looked up for a moment at the sky. The sun had yet to set and Iris's words echoed in his head. "If God's willing to forgive you, then so am I."

Tsk. Forgiveness. Who needs something as useless as that, he thought before walking in through a door into the basement of the building, where he lived.

There wasn't much. A small, round, wooden table in the middle of the room with 2 wooden chairs. Two mattresses were on the floor, each with one blanket and one pillow. No bathroom, if Ean needed to do his business he had to go outside in the outhouse out back and hope nobody was using it. There was however a small kitchen area, although it wasn't much in the corner so he could make food, Mr. Gregor's only true form of charity to him and his sister. He had installed it a few years ago on Christmas as a gift when he first let Ean and his sister hold up in his basement. There was a flight of stairs to go upstairs and next to it a door to the storage room where Gregor held all the goods that weren't on shelves yet. Ean's job was to put shipments into the storage room and basically protect it from anyone who would try to steal the merchandise. His sister pitched in and did cleaning upstairs for Mr. Gregor, since he was rather lazy and didn't want to clean up his own messes.

There was a blood stain on the floor right inside the door and another on the wall outside. Some burglars tried to break in about a week ago and steal some equipment and Ean beat the living hell out of them and has yet to clean the mess up.

The burglars had just cracked the door open and Ean was still awake and was cleaning the table when they opened the door, assuming nobody would be there. By the time the first guy put a foot in the door Ean was in front of him and punched the guy square in the nose, knocking him back outside. There were three of them and they were new in town clearly, otherwise they would have never tried to steal from Gregor's Goods while Ean was on guard, especially since they tried to square off with him outside. Ean just walked outside, close the door, slammed one guys head into a wall face first, punched another in the stomach and both were on the ground before they had even had a chance to get out a "you gonna regret trying to play hero" or "Get 'em!". The guy he punched in the nose ran off once Ean glared at him. After that and the others followed once they were able to get up. Ean never bothered to chase them off, he still had to finish cleaning up the table and washing the dishes. Mr. Gregor, who was upstairs already asleep had heard the whole thing and opened a window.

"Damn it Ean keep it down," he shouted before slamming the window closed and going back to bed.

"Tsk. Damn old fart. Always finds an excuse to get mad," Ean told himself before heading back inside.

Anyway, Ean walked into the basement, went to the kitchen area to put his groceries down and headed out to put up the new shipment of goods. Ena must have gone out to play. That damn old man could have told me that. He thought to himself as he picked up three crates at once.

He saw Mr. Gregor upstairs through an open window. "Hey Gregor! Is Ena up there?" he called out the old man.

Mr. Gregor looked out the window to see Ean handling his crates of merchandise. "No she's not. Said she was going to go out and play and ran off. Never bothered to ask where she was going. Now get back to work and don't drop anything!" the old man replied.

Lazy shit. Ean thought pissed and dropped the crates he was holding and let them drop to the ground with a loud thud. Mr. Gregor was watching and reacted immediately, enraged by Ean's deliberate defiance towards him. Ean knew the crates had nothing fragile in them already but Mr. Gregor didn't.

"Damn it! What did I just tell you!?" He spat in anger.

Ean simply smirked, picked up the boxes and walked toward the basement.

"Hey! You get back here! Do you hear me Ean!?" Mr. Gregor's angry voice sounded behind him. Ean just ignored him however and sneered, satisfied with the reaction Mr. Gregor gave, knowing when he came down to check on the merchandise, nothing would be damaged, and he would realize he had been duped and that there was nothing in the crates except bags of potato chips.
MoonSoul
Otaku in Training
Otaku in Training

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chapter 3: Lucia
“Come on! Seriously!?” A girl shouted in an unhappy, somewhat desperate voice.
“I’m sorry miss Lucia,” the man behind the counter said,”but we don’t sell any books on warrior units.”
The girl was irritated but walked away. She was a rather cute girl. She was small,
about 5’3 at the tallest. She had short, light brown hair with a small braid behind her right ear. She had cute, matching colored eyes. She wore a primarily black uniform with some white stripes going down the sides and white knee socks. There was a silver cross pin on the chest of the uniform. As for her other features, they attracted everyone’s attention. The short version of her appearance would be, “pretty face, nice rack, sexy body.”
She was at the Vatican City Public Library; unfortunately they didn’t sell any of the books she wanted. She walked down the massive stairs of the library and looked down at the ground. “I can’t even find them here huh,” she said to herself, “If I don’t find those books then Lady Sophia,” she stopped as a cold chill went up her spine and she cringed in fear at the thought.
“Um, excuse me, miss,” a voice sounded behind her.
Lucia turned around to see a small girl with blue eyes and dark brown hair, wearing a bland black dress looking at her. “Yes? Can I help you with something,” Lucia asked.
The girl seemed a little timid. “Um, I heard your conversation with Mr. Jones at the checkout counter. If you’re looking for books on warrior units my brother has some he might lend you.”
Lucia’s face lit up the moment she heard that and smiled. “Really!? But I don’t want to impose. Are you sure it’s alright?” Lucia was slightly hesitant.
The girl’s face lit up as well and she seemed more happy than timid and nodded, “No No, it’s fine really! It’ll be nice to have some company!” the girl responded. “I’m Ena Vanguard! Nice to meet you!”
“Oh, I’m Lucia. It’s nice to meet you too.”
Ena smiled and grabbed Lucia’s hand and pulled her away. Lucia was surprised at how strong she was for such a young girl. “Ean is probably back home already, and is probably making dinner so you can stay and eat with us if he’s finished already.”
Lucia was hesitant. “Um, okay. But can you stop pulling me, I can walk you know.”
“Oh! Sorry!” Ena stopped and let go of Lucia and they walked together side by side towards Gregor’s Goods.
MoonSoul
Otaku in Training
Otaku in Training

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top